Homes For Sale
Northwest School District
The NISD's student population of around 30,000 continues to expand, right along with the new construction homes going up in much of the areas the district serves. One of the fastest growing school districts in North Texas, 2030 projections for enrollment point to as many as 40,000 students. Covering 234 square miles, the Northwest Independent School District spills across 3 counties and fully serves seven cities plus portions of seven more
If you'd like more information on any of these homes for sale in the Northwest School District, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. To be notified when new property listings meeting your criteria in NISD come to market, register for a free account and we'll send you an email alert.
Of course, if you have questions about any MLS listing in the Northwest school district, don't hesitate to contact our N. Ft. Worth and Keller area Realtors.
Read More About Living in the Northwest ISD
Search Northwest School District Homes by Special Features
Search Northwest ISD Homes by Specific School Name
ALL HOMES FOR SALE IN THE NORTHWEST SCHOOL DISTRICT
NISD is Experiencing Supersized Growth
The NISD's student population of around 30,000 continues to expand, right along with the new construction homes going up in much of the areas the district serves. One of the fastest growing school districts in North Texas, the Northwest Independent School District spills across 3 counties and fully serves seven cities plus portions of seven more.
Future Ready Students
Despite its growth the Northwest school system seems to have avoided the pitfalls many expanding districts experience, and it continues to keep its schools "future ready".
Northwest's vision centers around being the best and most sought-after school district with every student ready for personal success across each of the 20 elementary schools, six middle schools, three comprehensive high schools, and one accelerated high school. NISD is committed to providing future ready opportunities for all students with a commitment to post-academic success.
New Home Construction is Driving NISD Enrollment
The 234 square miles encompassed by the Northwest School District includes many new home developments. The past few years have seen around 2000 families purchase homes each year and there are around 25,000 more lots to be developed. The district is actively tracking around 100 new home neighborhoods in its boundaries.
Accolades at the State and National Level
Well thought of schools is a driving force for home buyers in North Ft. Worth, Roanoke, Northlake, Trophy Club and the surrounding areas served by Northwest schools. The district's outstanding reputation bodes well for both the immediate and long term future as the district is masterfully handling the growth.
Take a look at some of the recent awards and accolades collected by Students and Staff of NISD. These aren't necessarily the awards that receive big fanfare from the community. Rather, these awards are shown to give you an idea of the depth and breadth of the district's accomplishments and point to the well rounded curriculum and considerations of staff and students:
Quick Facts About The Northwest ISD
Administrator & Teacher Achievements
School Administrators and Teachers across the district have earned distinctions across all fields of education including:
- The Biomedical Science Teacher of the Year by Project Lead the Way, a Texas-based technical education initiative.
- The winner of the Texas Medical Association’s Ernest and Sarah Butler Awards for Excellence in Science Teaching.
- Northwest ISD school administrators have been recognized by the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals as Outstanding Middle School Assistant Principal of the Year, Outstanding High School Assistant Principal of the Year, Outstanding Middle School Principal of the Year Outstanding High School Principal of the Year. Administrators of NISD schools have also been awarded Texas PTA’s Secondary Principal of the Year.
- Counseling teams received the RAMP distinction from the American School Counselor Association, designating it as one of the top counseling staffs in the nation for five years. Counselors and advisers have also been named Texas OnCourse Leader Fellows in recognition of being tops in their field.
Student groups across the district have earned distinctions across each area of learning including:
- All three high school marching bands have earned the top scores possible at UIL contests. The fine arts programs routinely have students named to the Texas Music Educator Association’s all-state music groups such as all-state band, all-state jazz ensemble, all-state mixed choir, all-state tenor-bass choir and all-state treble choir.
- Defy, a Northwest ISD Academy of Business Management & Entrepreneurship company, earned second place in Junior Achievement’s national Company of the Year competition for student-run businesses.
- Destination Imagination teams advance to the Texas Destination Imagination State Tournament most every year after medaling at Regional Tournaments. From there teams have advanced to the Destination Imagination Global Finals, the top national and international round of competition.
- Northwest ISD high school seniors earned $31.9 million in scholarships during the 2017-18 school year, including $16.2 million from Byron Nelson, $7.6 million from Eaton, $8 million from Northwest, and $124,000 from Steele.
Learn More About
Living in the NISD
School Feeder Patterns
New to NISD?
Academic Performance Reports
Northwest has earned distinctions as well including:
- Several National School Public Relations Association’s Publications and Media Awards for the district’s website, Northwest News newsletter, videos, the Northwest Vision print newsletter. These awards serve as the top professional honors for school public relations professionals in the state.
- Northwest ISD has been recognized by the Texas Energy Summit Steering and Awards committee for its energy efficiency and conservation efforts.
- Northwest ISD has been named a Common Sense District for its lessons on digital citizenship and use of technology. All students engage in digital citizenship lessons based on Common Sense resources and local stakeholder input.
- The National Association of Music Merchants Foundation has had Northwest ISD on its Best Communities for Music Education list for over a decade. School districts selected to this list are awarded for their demonstration of outstanding achievement in efforts to provide music education and access to all students.
Considering a Move to the Northwest ISD Boundary?
This free eGuide will answer many of your home buying questions and likely bring up a few things you didn't even know you should consider.SEND ME THE eGUIDE
- NISD's earned a 4.0 star rating in the Financial Allocation Study for Texas report for low-cost, high-efficiency operations. They've also received a rating of “Superior Achievement” under Texas’ Schools FIRST financial accountability rating system for over a decade
- The district's among the winners in the Center for Digital Education’s and National School Board Association’s Digital School Districts Survey. Selection goes to districts demonstrating pioneering uses of technology and implementing tech benchmarks as part of digital education.
- The NISD budget document's been awarded the Meritorious Budget Award by the Association of School Business Officials and the organization's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting plus the Meritorious Budget Award. NISD can also claim the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award by the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Niche.com routinely ranks Northwest ISD among the top 100 school districts in Texas. The website gave the district high marks in all categories, particularly health and safety, academics, college prep, and clubs and activities.
Wide Choice of NISD Boundary Real Estate
Real estate within the Northwest boundary holds offerings for home buyers considering small-town values with close proximity to major urban amenities. Area homes for sale run the gamut of home sizes and price ranges, and those searching for a home in the Northwest school district are often overwhelmed by the wide range of both new and pre-owned choices in real estate for sale.
The district offers up neighborhoods and home styles for every taste and budget level. If you're thinking about a property zoned for Northwest, you'll find houses for sale in seven cities fully served by the district plus portions of seven more.
The still less populated towns of Aurora, New Fairhaven, Newark and Rhome, plus Justin, Trophy Club and Haslet fall entirely within the district's boundaries. Portions of Flower Mound, Southlake, Northlake, Westlake, Keller, Roanoke and North Fort Worth (the Alliance area) also fall within NISD zoning.
So What More Can We Tell You About Living in the Northwest ISD?
Alliance area Realtor®
Take a look at the homes for sale in Northwest School District. If you'd like more information on any of these Northwest School District real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Northwest School District listings come on the market
- Adams Middle
- Beck Elementary
- Berkshire Elementary
- Byron Nelson High
- Chisholm Trail Middle
- Cox Elementary
- Curtis Elementary
- Eaton High
- Granger Elementary
- Haslet Elementary
- Hatfield Elementary
- Hughes Elementary
- JC Thompson Elementary
- Justin Elementary
- Lakeview Elementary
- Lance Thompson Elementary
- Love Elementary
- Medlin Middle
- Nance Elementary
- Northwest High
- Peterson Elementary
- Pike Middle
- Prairie View Elementary
- Roanoke Elementary
- Schluter Elementary
- Sendera Ranch Elementary
- Seven Hills Elementary
- Tidwell Middle
- Wilson Middle
Homes for sale in the Northwest school district boundary fall inside Tarrant County, Denton County and a small portion of Wise County.
Northwest Independent School District main office GeoCoordinates: