- 5 Beds
- 5.2 Baths
- 8,543 SqFt
Byron Nelson High School Homes for Sale
Homes Zoned Byron Nelson High School
|All Listings||$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000|
|$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000|
|$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000|
- 6 Beds
- 6.2 Baths
- 10,000 SqFt
- 6 Beds
- 5.1 Baths
- 7,037 SqFt
- 5 Beds
- 6.1 Baths
- 5,797 SqFt
- 0 Beds
- 0 Baths
- 2,846 SqFt
- 5 Beds
- 5.1 Baths
- 5,962 SqFt
- 5 Beds
- 5.1 Baths
- 5,806 SqFt
- 5 Beds
- 4.2 Baths
- 4,916 SqFt
- 5 Beds
- 5.2 Baths
- 5,367 SqFt
Northwest ISD Homes
Highly Regarded Across the State and Community
Northwest ISD is growing in population at a rapid rate, just like the area it serves. In 2009 Byron Nelson High School opened in the city of Trophy Club to area 9th and 10th graders as the second high school in the district. (The District bought land for the 4th high school in 2017.) One grade level was added each of the next two years and the first graduating "Bobcats" class walked across the stage in 2012.
As Byron Nelson added grade levels the school's Bobcat mascot became a familiar sight on bumper stickers and t-shirts around the areas the school serves. The school attendance boundary runs generally east of I-35, except for a small portions on the northern edges of the Northwest School District.
Today the 500,000 square foot Byron Nelson High houses around 2600 students from cities including Roanoke, N. Ft. Worth, the Alliance area and a small portion of Southlake in addition to its homes city of Trophy Club. No matter where they hail from, all Bobcats strive to live the motto given by the schools namesake, Byron Nelson... "Winners are different. They're a different breed of cat".
Schools Feeding Byron Nelson High
You can read a lot more about the Northwest School District here. But for a quick list of lower grade levels that feed into BNHS: As of the 2018-2019 school year kids who attend Medlin and John M Tidwell Middle Schools are within the BNHS boundary. Medlin is fed by Beck and Lakeview Elementary plus portions of Roanoke Elementary school. Tidwell Middle School educates kids from Hughs, Kay Granger, and Cox Elementary Schools.
Neighborhoods & Housing Styles
Homes for sale within the Byron Nelson High School Boundary encompass a wide range of prices as the cities the school serves are so diverse. Roanoke, N. Ft. Worth and the Alliance area offer homes for sale that can start at a budget friendly median for the DFW Metroplex. Some of the popular neighborhoods in those areas include the Mc Pherson Ranch, and Saratoga Addition. Other areas such as The Knoll in Trophy Club start at prices nearly four times the Metroplex median.
You'll find newer homes in neighborhood's like North Ft. Worth's Seventeen Lakes, and Roanoke's Fairway Ranch. Prefer something on a bit more land? You could always check out Southlake's Clariden Ranch.
Not sure which neighborhoods in the Byron Nelson High School boundary would suit you? Feel free to reach out and let me know what you hope to find... I'm happy to provide you with a list of "must see" neighborhoods. -Cindy
Have questions about real estate in the NISD you want answered?
Even if you aren't planning to buy or sell for years, I hope you'll feel comfortable calling me to talk about your unique real estate situation. I'd love the opportunity to become your Northwest ISD area agent long before you actually need one.
Cindy's Reviews Across The Web
So Just How Big is Byron Nelson High?
The size of the building is almost overwhelming as you approach the high school on the western edge of Trophy Club. But once someone points out the various wings of the school, it immediately becomes manageable. There are approximately 150 classrooms in the academic wing.
Other portions of the school house 3 gyms and two weight rooms, a two story library, a student union and Java City, the Performing Arts Center, and an auditorium. The Academy of Medical Professions and the Academy of Culinary Arts are also housed at BNHS.
Awards & Accolades
Take a look at some of the recent awards and accolades collected by students and faculty of BNHS. Now these aren't necessarily the awards that receive the big fanfare from the community. Rather, these awards are shown to give you an idea of the depth and breadth of this schools accomplishments and point to the well rounded curriculum and considerations of staff and students:
- Named a School of Excellence by the National Parent Teacher Association for maintaining positive community environments with their associations.
- Recipient of the top honor for public school counseling staffs in Texas - the CREST award - Counselors Reinforcing Excellence for Students in Texas.
- The culinary arts team placed second in the Texas ProStart Culinary Championship for 2017. This is the fifth year the team has placed in the top two having won the championship for four straight years prior.
- Fielded several of the 16 NISD students named to the Texas Music Educator Association’s all-state music groups. Students were selected into five groups – all-state band, all-state jazz ensemble, all-state mixed choir, all-state tenor-bass choir and all-state treble choir.
- Earned 11 nominations in the seventh annual Dallas Summer Musicals High School Musical Theatre Awards, the second-most nominations of any school. Individually, students won a second consecutive best direction award and best supporting actor accolades.
- Byron Nelson High School’s softball team earned the top weighted team GPA in the nation in its sport for the fifth straight year, earning the National Fastpitch Softball Coaches Association’s All-Academic Team award.
- The BNHS marching band earned the top score possible, Division 1, at the UIL Region 2 contest.
- Has had a student named the second alternate, putting him in the top four in the state, in the Texas Youth Senate Program which selects students based on their involvement in approved student government, civic or educational organizations.
- The Byron Nelson High School cheerleading squad has won the UIL State Spirit Championships’ 6A Division II Band Dance competition.
- The FFA program’s agronomy team was named State Reserve Champions in its category at the State Career Development Events competition, while the program’s entomology team finished third in its category.
- Northwest ISD students earned their share of scholarships during the 2017-2018. $16.2 million for Byron Nelson Seniors.
- Todd Rogers, associate principal, was named the Texas PTA’s Secondary Principal of the Year for his work promoting student success through family and community engagement.
- Byron Nelson High School teacher Monica Valenta was named Biomedical Science Teacher of the Year by Project Lead the Way, a Texas-based technical education initiative
Byron Nelson High School’s counseling team received 2018 RAMP distinction from the American School Counselor Association, designating it as one of the top counseling staffs in the nation for five years.
Perfect Home for Sale in the Byron Nelson HS Boundary
If you've read this far you're probably deep into research on Northwest ISD homes for sale and living in the NWISD boundary. From luxury new builder homes, golf course homesites, and homes with acreage, the properties available in the NISD offer home shoppers something for everyone.
I hope you'll reach out with any questions you may have about a move to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area in general and the NISD specifically. I've been in the real estate business around the area since 1989. I'm always happy to share what I've learned to help you make the best move for you and your family. -Cindy Allen
Considering homes for sale in The Northwest ISD?
This free eGuide will answer many of your home buying questions and likely bring up a few things you didn't even know you should consider.SEND ME THE eGUIDE
Popular Northwest ISD Searches
Pool Homes in
The Northwest ISD
Check out the homes for sale in the Northwest School District boundary with a backyard swimming pool
Looking for one floor living? Here are the ranch homes for sale in the Northwest School District boundary.
3+ Car Garage Homes in The NISD
Seeking extra storage space for that special ride? Or maybe you just need some extra space for all those toys!
Northwest ISD by School Name
Users may not reproduce or redistribute the data found on this site. The data is for viewing purposes only. Data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS or NTREIS.
Listing information last updated on August 22nd, 2019 at 4:00pm CDT.